Our Historic Facilities
We are proud to be part of the preservation of downtown Little Rock’s beautiful MacArthur Park Historic District. The four buildings in which DD&F Consulting Group reside are all historically significant to the district and all hold an interesting bit of history within their walls.
521 South Rock Street, the DD&F headquarters, was built with an Italianate style in the time frame between 1865 and 1867. This house was owned by Abraham Kempner during that time and named the Kempner House. Julius and Abraham Kempner lived here and ran their dry goods and clothing business from the home from 1875 until 1910. The dry goods and clothing business is still run by the Kempner family today.
409 East Sixth Street was built in 1904, owned by Walter Nash and named the Nash House. This house was designed for Walter Nash by the architect Charles L. Thompson using a Colonial Revival style. Walter Nash came to Little Rock as a railroad conductor, started a real estate business and fashioned the Nash House into a residential rental property.
411 East Sixth Street, named the Seimer House, was built in the time frame between 1885 and 1887, and was owned by C.F. Penzel. This house was built with a very plain version of Queen Anne style. William Woodruff, the founder and editor of the territory's first newspaper, the Arkansas Gazette, originally owned the property at 411 East Sixth Street.
601 South Rock Street was built in 1907, also as a residential property for Walter Nash and named Nash House, as well. Like 409 East Sixth Street, this house was built by Charles L. Thompson, combining a monumental two-story portico and Colonial Revival details with a Victorian-like floor plan. 601 South Rock Street was the home of a cotton agent, an insurance agent, a lumberman, president of a mill supply company and two meat cutters in quick succession. It was also the headquarters of the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks from 1930 to 1936 before it was sold in 1937 to Seymour Terry. Mr. Terry then rented rooms of the house as apartments. William J. Walker bought the home from Mr. Terry in 1974, knocked out the apartment walls, restored the home back to its original condition and made it suitable for offices for his law firm.